June 7 -10, 2018

Another last minute event, our very own new car show.  A company from Montreal is bringing their brand new VW Camper Van to BusFusion.  It will be on display Saturday from 1 PM to 6 PM.  More details at BusFusion.  See you there.  Click here for more pictures.

Top Down

Top Up

photo 2

13 Responses to New VW Camper

• Doug says:

Hmmmm, if you like to sleep up top as we do, i think you are in trouble! Oops, sorry to bring up that seemingly, never ending debate.

• PaulC says:

And if only VW would make a ‘real’ van. As in the Microbus concept vehicle they cancelled.

• GuyD says:

Nice interior design, but at 60,000$ CND I’d rather buy a used Rialta or Sprinter camper for much more space.

• David says:

I would really like to know if that top was a custom job or if it could be purchsed out right.

• David says:

I love the pop top. I don’t need the kitchen though. I wonder if I could get just the pop top for my Routan?

• L. Harder says:

The ‘Toe-rag’, not a good idea. A doge grand caravan, rebadged, with a faded, tired looking, Heaven only knows what on top of it. As well a contained sleeping area right behind the exhaust; ‘come on guys, you really can’t do any better than this???

• PaulC says:

Dear L. Harder,

The makers of this van did a great job given what they had to start with. Yes there is a Dodge Grand Caravan version AND the “VW” version. Which as we all know is a Dodge Caravan. The people at VW stopped caring what the faithful wanted a long time ago. I had my name on the list to buy the new micro bus (shown in 2001?) at ANY cost, but they decided to go with the Caravan instead. Stupid VW.

Paul C.

• Reinier says:

um thats pathetic why can’t we have the T5 california like the rest of the world or heck just send us the T5 please!

• Les says:

a company out of British Columbia does a top only option (for around $6500) GTRV
    but, they don’t offer it as a ship to you kit… vehicles have to be brought to thier plant and modifications made there.
    I’m looking for a top as well, but that’s a little too pricy for me.

Wondering what the messurements for the VW AdventureWagon hard shell camper tops are, and if it was possible to modify them for Grand Caravan (If I can even find one availabale…..

I saw one recently while driving, but couldn’t catch up with the guy to ask any information, although got a picture on my cell phone…. (enough information to find out it was an adventure wagon top…)

If possible would like to use the hard top and modify it to pop up, being 6′ 1″, a little more headroom, would be nice….

• Les says:

for the price of adding a top to a grand caravan, I’ve found a couple 81 VW Adventrue wagons for sale….. at least for the price I’ld get a whole van, not just a modified top….

• Erb says:

THat new bus is a great concept and is a really nice camper. It has heat looks comfy but its not anything like my split bus. I can’t really say to much about it as it is like comparing apples to oranges its just not the same..I’m gladd there making them hopefully someday i’ll get to use one..
    cheers \erb